Hearing-Impaired Wireless Phones
Phones that will work with your hearing aid.
We offer several handsets at different price levels that have been tested and rated for use with hearing aids:
List of Hearing Aid Compatible Phones Updated 01-2021
Level A: $250+
- Kyocera DuraForce Pro 2 E6910 FCC ID: V65E6820; V65E6810 Non-Incendive Class I, Division 2, Group A-D, T4
- Kyocera E4610 Dura XV Extreme FCC ID: V65E4810 M4/T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung G781 – S20 Fan Edition Blue (5G)
Rating: M4, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible) FCC ID A3LSMG78IU; A3LSMG78IV; A3LSMG78IB
- Samsung G986 Galaxy S20+ 128GB (5G) Rating FCC ID A3LSMG986B
- Samsung Galaxy A21-A215 FCC ID: ZCASMA215U; A3lSMA217M Rating: M3, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung A515 – A51 64GB FCCID: A3LSMA515FN; A3LSMA515F; A3LSMA515U Rating: M3, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung G960 Galaxy S9 FCC ID: A3LSMG960U; A3LSMG960F; A3LSMG960KOR; A3LSMG960O M4/T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S10 128GB FCC ID: A3LSMG973U; A3LSMG973F; A3LSMG9730 Rating: M4, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S10+ G975 128GB FCC ID: A3LSMG975U; A3LSMG9750; A3LSMG975F Rating: M4, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S10E G970 128GB FCC ID: A3LSMG970U; A3LSMG9700; A3LSMG970F Rating: M4, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S20 G981 128GB FCC ID: A3LSMG981U; A3LSMG981B Rating: M4, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung Galaxy S20+ G986 128GB FCC ID: A3LSMG986B Hearing Aid Compatible: Yes
- Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra G988 128GB FCC ID: A3LSMG988B M3/T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung N970 Galaxy Note 10 256GB FCC ID: A3LSMN970U; A3LSMN970F Rating: M4, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung N970 Galaxy Note 10+ 256GB FCC ID: A3LSMN975U; A3LSMN975F M3/T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung N981 Note 20 128GB FCC ID: A3LSMN981B; A3LSMN981U; A3LSMN981W M3/T3 (very tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung N981 Note 20 Ultra 128GB FCC ID: A3LSMN986U; A3LSMN986W; A3LSMN986B M3/T3 (very tele-coil compatible)
- Samsung N986 Note 20 Ultra 128GB (5G) FCC ID: A3LSMN986U; A3LSMN986W; A3LSMN986B M3/T3 (very tele-coil compatible)
- iPhone 12 (5G) 64GB; 128GB; 256GB Rating M3;T4
- Apple iPhone 12 (5G) Mini 64GB; 128GB Added 11-2020
- iPhone XR 64GB FCC ID; BCG-E3220A; BCG-E3237A; BCG-E3238A M3/T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
- iPhone XR 128GB FCC ID; BCG-E3220A; BCG-E3237A; BCG-E3238A Rating: M3, T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
- iPhone 11 64GB FCC ID: BCG-E3309A M3/T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
- iPhone 11 128GB FCC ID: BCG-E3309A M3/T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
- iPhone 11 256GB FCC ID: BCG-E3309A M3/T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
- iPhone SE 2020 64GB; 128GB FCC ID: BCG-E3500A; BCG-E3501A M3/T4 (very tele-coil compatible)
Level B: $100-250
- Samsung Galaxy A01 16GB
- Samsung Galaxy A11-A115 FCC ID: ZCASMA115M; ZCASMA115A; ACASMA115U Rating: M4, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Hot Pepper Ghost FCC ID: 2APD4-A81C
Level C: $100 and less
- Motorola ZT2005-E6 16GB FCC ID: IHDT56YA3; IHDT56YA2; IHDT56YA1 Rating: M3, T3 (mostly tele-coil compatible)
- Hot Pepper Jalapeno A90L FCC IP: Hearing Aid Compatible
- Nuu F4L FCC ID:
- Nuu F6L FCC ID:
For additional information regarding HAC or non HAC devices please visit http://gari.info.
To reach the FCC HAC webpage https://www.fcc.gov/hearing-aid-compatibility-wireless-telephones
Testing is important.
These handsets have been tested and rated for use with hearing aids for some of the wireless technologies that they use. However, there may be some newer wireless technologies used in these phones that have not been tested yet for use with hearing aids. It is important to try the different features of these phones thoroughly and in different locations using your hearing aid or cochlear implant, to determine if you hear any interfering noise. Consult your service provider or the manufacturer of the handset for information on hearing aid compatibility. If you have questions about return or exchange policies, consult your service provider or phone retailer.
Explanation of HAC and Rating System
Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) for wireless devices.
Hearing aids do not always function well with wireless handsets. Hearing aids operate by using a microphone to pick up sound waves, converting the sound waves into electrical signals to be amplified. Distortion or amplification of unwanted sound (noise) often occurs.
The FCC's hearing aid compatibility requirements address hearing aids that operate in either of two modes - acoustic coupling ("M" rating) or inductive coupling ("T" rating).
Hearing aids operating in acoustic coupling mode receive through a microphone and then amplify all sounds surrounding the user, including both desired sounds, such as a telephone's audio signal, and unwanted ambient noise.
Hearing aids operating in inductive coupling mode turn off the microphone to avoid amplifying unwanted ambient noise, instead using a tele-coil to receive only audio signal-based magnetic fields generated by inductive coupling-capable telephones.
The FCC's "M" and "T" ratings indicate whether a handset can be expected to function well with a hearing aid and are generally marked clearly on the handset packaging. The "M" or "T" rating does not guarantee that the handset will function without distortion or noise, so Venture Communications recommends that you test the handset before purchasing.
Levels of functionality.
Venture Communications offers HAC-Compatible handsets and devices in all major price categories, including low-cost ("C" level) (<$100), moderate-cost ("B" level) ($100-$250), and high-end/feature-rich ("A" level) (>$250). Costs generally correlate with the number of features, but, if through experience, Venture Communications finds that a certain handset contains features that work well with hearing aids, such as volume control, it will be labeled accordingly with an "A" level for functionality.
Venture Communications’ sales staff is trained to assist all existing and prospective customers looking for a HAC-compliant device/handset. HAC-compatible handsets and devices vary in their inherent "levels of functionality," but typically at least one (1) HAC-compliant handset/device with features and services typical of its price category can be found that meets each customer's price range.
For more information or if you have questions please contact us at 852-2224 or email at email@example.com.