2021 Citizenship and Community Service Scholarship Program
If you’re a Venture Communications customer, and your son or daughter is going to be a graduating high school senior going on to a post-secondary school, encourage them to apply for our scholarship.
We award $500 scholarships to qualifying high school seniors. We will award 12 in 2021.
2021 Guidelines and Application
Application, Deadline, and Requirements
Applications are available online at www.venturecomm.net/why-venture/scholarships. For more information contact the local high school counselor’s office or Venture communications at 852-2224.
Applicants must submit the following:
- Completed typewritten application on a Venture Communications application form. Applications that are NOT typewritten will be disqualified.
- Application information must be typewritten on the application. No attachments will be considered.
- Photo for use in the Venture Communications newsletter and press release.
- Grade transcript for Junior and Senior year.
- Copies of the ACT test scores.
- Two letters of recommendation from faculty and/or Administration of High School or Employers. Letters of recommendation should support the information provided in the application.
- All materials in the scholarship application should be printed on one side of the paper only.
Applications are due in our office no later than March 5, 2021. Applications can either be mailed to Venture Communications, P.O. Box 157, Highmore, S.D. 57345 or scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications must have the required signatures.
Judging will be done by a combination of area high school officials, business people from our exchanges, members of the Venture Communications staff and Venture Communications Directors. Applications will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Citizenship and Community Service
- School Involvement
- Leadership Skills
- Appearance of Application
Scholarship Award Presentation
The scholarship will be awarded when possible during commencement exercises or awards presentations at the respective schools. The scholarship check will be made out in the name of the scholarship recipient.
Looking for other scholarship opportunities?
The Foundation for Rural Service
The Foundation for Rural Service awards national scholarships in the amount of $2,500, $500 of which is contributed by Venture Communications when the recipient is from our service area. This scholarship gives preference to students expressing interest in working in a rural area after graduation. All applicants must have a parent or legal guardian who is an active Venture Communications member.
Learn more about the FRS Scholarship.